Best Pumpkin Bread ever. It is moist, intensely pumpkin flavored, perfectly spiced, and absolutely no fuss to make.
1 can pumpkin (15 ounces or 425 grams)
1 cup raw sugar (if you don’t have then use ½ white sugar and ½ brown sugar)
2 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup oil
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup raisins
2/3 cups pecans
2 tablespoons extra granulated sugar
½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
1 teaspoon all purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground all spice
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon clove
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Put parchment paper in a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan and grease it well.
3. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
4. Put a sieve over the above bowl and sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pan.
5. Mix together the topping ingredients. Sprinkle topping over the dough.
6. Bake for about 60 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaf is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
8. To make a good loaf of pumpkin bread:
9. Do not use any liquid other than oil. If you use more liquids, you will dilute the pumpkin flavor.
10. Do not use too much sugar
11. This is naturally vegan, it doesn’t need any binder.
12. Use walnuts or pecans and raisins. Chocolate chips seems to take over the flavor.