This salad comes together quickly and it feels like a party in your mouth!
1 cup uncooked moong dal
1 cup fresh coconut slices
1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
1 cup cucumber deseeded and chopped
1 cup celery chopped
1 cup tomato deseeded and chopped
1 cup fresh coriander
1/2 cup fresh mint
2 – 3 limes
1 tablespoon grapeseed, avocado, or olive oil
1 jalapeno chopped really fine
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak and half cook moong dal
2. Prep the tomato and cucumbers by deseeding them and cutting them small.
3. Dice coconut slices very small
4. Remove seeds from pomegranate
5. Chop celery very fine
6. Chop fresh coriander, mint, and jalapeno fine
7. Transfer all veggies and herbs into a bowl with half cooked moong dal.
8. Squeeze the limes onto the salad
9. Add oil, salt, and pepper.
10. Mix thoroughly and serve at room temperature
Makes 6 cups of salad. Serves 12 people.