This is no fuss South Indian style green beans subzi.
500 grams or 4 cups finely cut green beans
1 cup fresh coconut finely grated
1 tablespoon ginger paste
4 green chilies
2 stalks curry leaves
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
2 teaspoons coriander powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric.
salt to taste
1/4 cup water
1. Finely chop green beans into small rounds as shown.
2. Heat a sauce pan, add the oil, the mustard and cumin seeds and let them sputter a bit. Then add the curry leaves, green chilies, ginger, and coriander powder.
3. Add the cut green beans and some water. Stir till all spices are combined with the beans.
4. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes till they are done but not too done.
5. At the end add the fresh coconut. If it is frozen, make sure it is defrosted when you add it. Mix and serve immediately. No need to cook the coconut.