This is a whole-grain, gluten-free, vegan, no-knead, and fail-proof loaf of bread.
• 1 cup millets (using foxtail millets)
• 1 cup water
• 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
• 1/3 cup sesame seeds
• 1/4 cup flax seed meal
• ¼ cup oil (using avocado oil)
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup or any other sweetener
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder (3 tablespoons if using just husk)
1. The night before, in a bowl, wash millets one time and then add water and let sit overnight.
2. Next morning preheat oven to 350° F / 175° C.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients except psyllium husk powder and stir till well combined.
4. Just before transferring the “dough” to the loaf pan, add psyllium husk powder and mix thoroughly till well combined.
5. Transfer the “dough” to a small loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Smooth out the top with the back of a spatula.
7. Place loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 40 minutes. Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 20 minutes. Bread is done when toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.
8. For best taste: slice, toast, and eat with your favorite spread.
9. Bread should be stored in fridge in a sealed container for freshness. Lasts up to a week.
Best eaten with avocado.